An Electric Truck
I started this blog almost two years ago. The first post, Preliminary Thoughts, was published Christmas Eve 2015. The purpose of the blog at that time was to present a reasoned opposition to the installation of a third train track through Ashland, with a focus on engineering and safety issues.
In that first post I wrote,
Regarding Ashland there are three choices.
1. Create a new line east of town along the existing Buckingham Branch line.
2. Create three tracks (with overhead high voltage cables and high fencing) through the center of town.
3. Create a new line west of town.
Well, after almost two years and seemingly endless meetings and correspondence we learn that,
- The eastern bypass option has been eliminated,
- The true high speed option through town has been replaced with a possible trench along which will trundle old-fashioned diesel-electric trains, and
View original post 471 more words