1. Develop amnesia. Find some way to forget what he did. Or didn’t do (again). Go without sleep or spin 50 times to reduce cognitive faculty. Stick a finger in the socket.
2. If biting your tongue hurts too much, pop some chocolate. Sure, every time.
3. Lie. Tell yourself he’s listening. The short-lived delusion will reap a harvest of peace for the home, the good of the kids.
4. Use your imagination. He mistook medication for digestive enzymes and is suffering severe side effects. Yeah, that’s it. He’s sick.
5. Count to 10. No, 40. In Portuguese – or Swahili. Lose yourself in a dictionary. Hec, decide to master a foreign language. You’ll get there in no time and can have any job you want. (Let me help. I can count to 1,000,000 in Korean.)
6. Don’t repeat your requests and be called a nag. Text him the list…
View original post 123 more words